Gladstone Investment Corporation Announces Proxy Filing and Conference Call Date to Discuss Proxy Proposals
MCLEAN, Va., June 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Gladstone Investment Corporation (Nasdaq: GAIN) (the "Company") announced today that it plans to hold a conference call on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. EDT to discuss the matters scheduled for a vote at this year's annual shareholders meeting to be held on Thursday, August 4, 2011.
On Friday, June 17, 2011, the Company's proxy statement for the annual shareholders meeting was filed with the SEC and will be mailed to stockholders of record on Friday, June 17, 2011. The record date for the annual meeting was Monday, June 6, 2011.
The matters scheduled for a vote at the annual meeting, as described in the proxy statement, are as follows:
1) The election of three directors to hold office until the 2014 annual meeting;
2) The election of one director to hold office until the 2012 annual meeting;
3) The approval of a proposal to authorize the Company to issue and sell shares of our common stock (during the next 12 months) at a price below its then current net asset value per share subject to certain limitations (including, without limitation, that the cumulative number of shares issued and sold pursuant to such authority does not exceed 25% of our then outstanding common stock immediately prior to each such sale);
4) The ratification of the selection by the audit committee of the board of directors of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for its fiscal year ending March 31, 2012; and
5) To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement thereof.
The proxy statement describing the proposals is available on the Company's website at www.GladstoneInvestment.com, and is also available at the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Stockholders may also access the proxy statement at www.proxyvote.com using the Company number and proxy control number printed on their proxy cards.
Stockholders will have an opportunity to ask questions regarding the proposals during the conference call referenced above, which will take place on June 29, 2011. You may call (800) 860-2442 to enter the conference, and an operator will monitor the call and set a queue for questions.
A conference call replay will be available beginning one hour after the call and will be available through the date of the annual meeting, Thursday, August 4, 2011. To hear the replay, please dial (877) 344-7529 and conference number 450883.
Gladstone Investment Corporation is a publicly traded business development company that seeks to make debt and equity investments in small and mid-sized businesses in the United States in connection with acquisitions, changes in control and recapitalizations. Information on the business activities of all the Gladstone funds can be found at www.gladstonecompanies.com.
For Investor Relations inquiries related to any of the monthly dividend paying Gladstone funds, please visit www.gladstone.com.
SOURCE Gladstone Investment Corporation
For further information: Gladstone Investment Corporation, +1-703-287-5893